Vacancy number: 170512
Apply no later than 17 September 2017
The Departments Neuroscience, Cell biology and the Biology of Ageing (ERIBA) are pre-clinical departments at the UMC Groningen, that perform fundamental research and focus on the molecular and cell biology mechanisms.
A 0,8 Fte position for a Research Development Office Assistant is available.
The Research Development Office (RDO) aims at supporting scientists in raising funds to pursue their scientific activities. The RDO is managed through the following functional areas:
1. Funding strategy
2. Research Funding Administration and Management
3. Intellectual Property
4. Business Development
A specialized team of professionals provides support to the scientists of these three departments on a daily basis and builds the necessary relations with the different offices of the UMCG engaged with grants and funding. The team is composed of two Research Officers (funding opportunities, international cooperation, communication, legal affairs and ethics), a Technical Transfer Officer (business development and valorization) and a Financial Officer (finances, reporting and monitoring). With the scientific goals at heart, the RDO attempts to remove most of the bureaucratic, managerial, legal and financial load from scientists and students so that they can focus on their research.
We are looking for a Research Development Assistant to provide the RDO with support on the following tasks:
- Provide administrative support to RDO staff during grant applications and project implementation, including reporting to funding agencies
- Support the organization of events (meetings, seminars, etc)
- Write short texts for the website, newsletter and social media
- Maintain the document filing system updated
- Liaise with UMCG support offices on behalf of the RDO
- Updating contact lists
- Gather data for statistical purposes and reporting
- Education: minimum of a Bachelor or equivalent degree with a strong emphasis on communication and organization skills
- Work related experience is a plus
- Excellent level of English, written and spoken
- Affinity with academic/research environments
- Proven ability to organize multiple activities requiring deadlines
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team as well as the ability to solve problems
The UMCG has a preventive Hepatitis B policy. You may be required to build up sufficient protection against Hepatitis B before you can be appointed. Vaccination is provided by the UMCG if necessary.
Condition of employment
Your salary will be a maximum of € 3.816,- gross per month (scale 9), depending on your qualifications and relevant experience, based on a full-time appointment. In addition, the UMCG will offer you 8% holiday pay, an 8.3% end-of-year bonus and a development budget. The terms of employment comply with the Collective Labour Agreement for Medical Centers (CAO-UMC).
Employment basis: part time appointment (28 h/week/ 0,8 Fte) for a period of one year. After one year, the performance of the employee will be evaluated to decide whether the contract will be extended.
For more information about this vacancy you may contact:
Mr drs H.F. Heidekamp, telephone +31 (0)50 361 7300
Applying for a job
Please use the the digital application form at the website of the UMCG only these will be processed. You can apply until 17 September 2017. Immediately after sending the digital application form you will receive an email- confirmation with further information.