||neurology, immunology, genetics
- Research Profile
- Selected Publications
Pascale Dijkers studied Medical Biology at the University of Utrecht, The Netherlands. She obtained her PhD in 2001, working in the laboratory of Prof. Paul Coffer (Utrecht University). There, she studied how signaling in immune cells can prevent apoptosis.
Subsequently, Dijkers moved to the laboratory of Prof. Pat O’Farrell at the University of California, San Francisco, US, to study signaling in the context of an organism. Here, she started working with Drosophila (fruit flies), a powerful model organism for studying medically relevant topics in humans. She studied signaling in response to low oxygen (hypoxia) and innate immune signaling.
In 2012, Dijkers was appointed as a Rosalind Franklin Fellow at the University of Groningen where she is studying the role of immune signaling in neurodegenerative diseases.
- Snijder PM, Baratashvili M,, Leuvenink HGD, Kuijpers L, Huitema S, Giepmans BNG, KuipersJ, Miljkovic JL, Mitrovic A, Bos EM, Szabó C, Kampinga H, Dijkers PF, Den Dunnen WFA, Filipovic MR, Van Goor H, Sibon OCM (2015). Overexpression of Cystathionine γ-Lyase Suppresses Detrimental Effects of Spinocerebellar Ataxia Type 3. Mol. Med. 758-768. (pdf)
- Li YX, Dijkers PF. (2015) Specific calcineurin isoforms are involved in Drosophila toll immune signaling. Immunology 2015 194 (1):168-76. (pdf)
- Dijkers, P.F., and O’Farrell, P.H. Dissection of a hypoxia-induced, nitric oxide-mediated signaling cascade. (2009) Mol Biol Cell. 18: 4083-90. (pdf)
- Dijkers, P.F., and O’Farrell, P.H. Drosophila Calcineurin promotes induction of innate immune responses. (2007) Biol. 17: 2087-2093. (pdf)
- Rosas M., Dijkers P.F., Lindemans C.L., Lammers J.W., Koenderman L., Coffer P.J. (2006) IL-5-mediated eosinophil survival requires inhibition of GSK-3 and correlates with beta-catenin relocalization. Leukoc Biol. 80(1):186-95. (pdf)
- Van den Heuvel A.P., de Vries-Smits A.M., van Weeren P.C., Dijkers P.F., de Bruyn K.M., Riedl J.A., Burgering B.M..(2002) Binding of protein kinase B to the plakin family member periplakin. J Cell Sci. 115(Pt 20):3957-66. (pdf)
- Dijkers P.F. Birkenkamp K.U., Lam E.W., Thomas N.S., Lammers J.W., Koenderman L., Coffer P.J. (2002) FKHR-L1 can act as a critical effector of cell death induced by cytokine withdrawal: protein kinase B-enhanced cell survival through maintenance of mitochondrial integrity J Cell Biol. 156(3):531-42. (pdf)
- Stahl M., Dijkers P.F., Kops G.J., Lens S.M., Coffer P.J., Burgering B.M., Medema R.H. The forkhead transcription factor FoxO regulates transcription of p27Kip1 and Bim in response to IL-2. (2002) J Immunol. 168(10):5024-31. (pdf)
- Kops G.J., Medema R.H., Glassford J., Essers M.A., Dijkers P.F., Coffer P.J., Lam E.W., Burgering B.M.. 2002 Control of cell cycle exit and entry by protein kinase B-regulated forkhead transcription factors. Mol Cell Biol. 22(7):2025-36. (pdf)
- Dijkers, P.F. (2001) Molecular mechanisms of cytokine-mediated proliferation and survival, doctoral thesis, University Medical Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands. (pdf)
- Dijkers, P.F., Medema, R.H., Lammers, J-W.J., Koenderman, L. and Coffer, P.J. Expression of the pro-apoptotic Bcl-2 family member Bim is regulated by the Forkhead transcription factor FKHR-L1. (2000) Biol. 10, 1201-1204. (pdf)
- Dijkers P.F., Medema R.H., Pals C., Banerji L., Thomas N.S., Lam E.W., Burgering B.M., Raaijmakers J.A., Lammers J.W., Koenderman L., Coffer P.J. Forkhead transcription factor FKHR-L1 modulates cytokine-dependent transcriptional regulation of p27. (2000) Cell. Biol. 20(24):9138-48. (pdf)
- Geijsen, N., Dijkers, P.F., Lammers, J-W.J., Koenderman,L. and Coffer, P.J. Cytokine-mediated cPLA2 phosphorylation is regulated by multiple MAPK family members. (1999) FEBS Letts. 471, 83-8. (pdf)
- Dijkers, P.F., van Dijk, T.B., de Groot, R.P., Raaijmakers, J.A.M., Lammers, J-W.J., Koenderman, L. and Coffer, P.J. Regulation and function of Protein Kinase B and MAP kinase activation by the IL-5/IL-3/GM-CSF receptor. (1999) Oncogene 18, 3334-334. (pdf)